Lead nurturing can be a demanding task – but automating this process with drip marketing can allow you to focus your efforts on perfecting all other aspects of your digital marketing strategy.
With drip marketing, you can reach users at every stage of the sales funnel and inch them closer towards a conversion with every new piece of correspondence you send their way.
What is drip marketing?
Drip marketing is an automated sales campaign that typically takes the form of emails or online newsletters. These are often triggered by a user’s action or during a specific time. The goal of drip marketing is to target prospects at various stages of the sales funnel with personalized information and compelling offers. Essentially, drip marketing is a powerful form of lead nurturing.
The benefits of drip marketing
Drip marketing offers several key benefits to your overall digital marketing strategy. Most importantly, however, drip marketing helps you to effectively retain customers and generate leads by segmenting and targeting users at every aspect of the sales funnel.
- Top of mind: You can keep your product or service top of mind for users with relevant emails and offers at different points throughout the sales funnel.
- Lead nurturing: With drip marketing, you can segment engaged and disengaged leads to ensure that you are targeting users with relevant offers.
- Saved resources: This process can save you time and money with recycled content and automated campaigns.
How to effectively implement drip marketing
You can use drip marketing to accomplish several objectives:
- Engagement: Target users who have expressed interest in your product or service by sharing engaging content or detailed product or service information. You can also choose to target users who have previously bought your product or service and move them back into the sales cycle.
- Competitive edge: Target customers of your competition with emails or content that highlight your product or service as the better option.
- Increased conversions: Offer current customers or leads with promotions and special offers to drive conversions.
It’s important to ensure that you are effectively segmenting users based on their actions, and creating highly personalized messages that encourage them to take an action. Test, track and measure campaign data in order to continuously improve results – and incorporate your drip marketing strategy seamlessly with the rest of your digital marketing efforts.
The benefits of drip marketing are endless. However, in order to get the most out of this digital marketing strategy, ensure to implement data tracking and measuring to pinpoint errors and continuously improve your campaigns.